Tuesday, April 29, 2014

30 Days of CrossFit: Day 2

Today's workout at first seemed like it might not be so bad, but by the end I was seriously struggling! All that running and squating yesterday didn't help I'm sure, but I figure it's building my endurance and muscles -- and just for good measure I'm going on a 30 mile bike ride in a bit! (Wish me luck....)

For day 2, we did the "day 1" WoD (Workout of the Day): five rounds of 10 push-ups, 10 sit-ups, and 10 air-squats. I also did a half mile jog as a warm-up. For a while I was doing push-ups almost every day, and I was at the point where I could do about 40 in a row. Perhaps I was focusing more on my form, or perhaps the other exercises just took more out of me, but five sets of 10 push-ups felt a lot harder than one set of fifty push-ups!

Anyway, while my legs are a little stiff right now, overall I'm not feeling too bad. I didn't bother weighing in or anything like that, as I figure I'll do that once a week. Just keep plugging away, try to eat reasonably healthy -- and no overeat! -- and you should see some good results. That's my plan, and I'm sticking too it. Now I need to go fix the flat tire on my bike, which I apparently acquired at the end of my last ride. Bummer....
Update: So the bike ride was... long and rather difficult, relatively speaking. I was dogging it the whole time, and every little hill saw me dropping down to 10 MPH or so -- hills that I would have normally taken at 14-15 MPH. My legs were just not giving me the normal push, as all the air squats and jogging of the past two days took a lot out of them. But, despite being tired, I did manage to do a 40.5 mile ride with some friends, and the weather was absolutely perfect. Next scheduled ride: Friday, where we'll shoot for a 60 miler most likely -- we're looking at doing a century on the 10th (Lewis County Historical Ride, if you're wondering).

No comments:

Post a Comment