Thursday, April 25, 2013

The Office: Stay on target!

It's been a while since we moved, and the painting of the house (well, four rooms really) has not gone as quickly as planned. Part of that is our fault, part of that is the difficulty involved in painting the "murder room". The good news is that the murder room is now well and truly dead -- if you walk in there today, you won't be able to see any evidence of the red paint splatters that were once there. As for my office, it languished for a while with no progress while we worked on making the murder room inhabitable -- the children were sleeping on the floor in the office. With their beds now properly set up, however, we're working on the office and I'm happy to report that I'm about one coat of paint away from being finished. That coat of paint should come tomorrow.

Here are pictures of my progress today. The "before" shots are with the walls and trim all coated with primer, and the "after" shots are with the tan paint on all the walls and ceiling. We'll do the trim and doors properly with white paint once the walls and ceiling are complete, and then I can move most of my work into the office and hopefully become more productive. It will also enable us to make the living room more of a place where people can come and visit us (and we can do doTERRA classes). And with that out of the way, here are the pictures:


Before Painting (Primer Done)



After Painting (One Coat Done)

Tomorrow, I've got some help coming courtesy of the missionaries, and maybe I can actually be done with the whole place! Cross your fingers and say a prayer for my office....

No comments:

Post a Comment