Thursday, November 15, 2012

November 15, 2012

Today was a busy day, but I'm not sure busy is always such a good thing. I was stupid last night and stayed up until about 1AM, first working and then just spending some time with my wife vegging in front of the TV to unwind. Like I said, stupid, but there you have it. The good news (sort of?) is that my little boy was still right on cue for waking me up this morning at 6:30AM. So I got up and got going with the day, listening to the two doTERRA calls (Leadership and Mentor calls). I ate breakfast (bowl of cereal), went for a walk with my wife and kids, and then cleaned up (showered). That was all good, though it took about an hour longer than it should have, and from there I sort of got off track.

I read up on the latest posts to our website, and tried doing some work on my own article -- which is woefully late by now! I decided to try out Windows 8's speech recognition support to see if it was any better than in Windows 7. Short answer: no. Long answer: it works okay for basic stuff, but it has a habit of almost always using the long form of certain things (e.g. "windows eight" instead of "Windows 8", even though I corrected this about ten times), and the overall UI just pales in comparison to Dragon NaturallySpeaking -- which I need to reinstall on my PC and start using again! After a couple hours of this, I gave up and went back to the keyboard, but by this point it was time to eat lunch and then run off to pick up my daughter from school.

Tuesdays and Thursdays have been hectic for a while, as we signed my daughter up for swimming classes, so that meant another two hours running her over to the YMCA. Come home, eat dinner, get the kids to bed, and the day is done. Whew! But I'm done as well. Rather than staying up all night trying to write when I can hardly think straight, I'm going to go to bed and work on finishing the Acer S7 review tomorrow.

Daily Check Up:
1) 15 minutes scripture study: Yes (Mormon chapters 4 and 5 with daughter)
2) Morning and evening prayers: Yes
3) 15 minutes good book: Yes and then some (reading Slight Edge while at swimming)
4) 15 minutes of parenting/relationships/children book: Yes
5) Exercise for 30 minutes or more: Yes (2.5 mile walk with wife)
6) One doTERRA blog post: Yes
7) Use doTERRA oils for something: Yes
8) doTERRA Leadership and Mentor calls (Mon-Fri): Yes
9) Talk to two people about doTERRA: No (one person)
10) 15 minutes organizing office area: Yes
11) Solid 8 hours (M-F) working at my job: No (around six hours so far)
12) Early to bed, early to rise: No (up too late last night)

No comments:

Post a Comment