Wednesday, November 21, 2012

November 21, 2012

Happy birthday to my darling daughter Alana! Ten years ago, this little bundle entered my world. We've had lots of good times, along with the usual hard time as well. I'm grateful for all the opportunities I've had to learn and grow by having her around. I brought her cookies for her school class (Becky made the chocolate chip cookies, which Alana and the class apparently thought tasted like they had eggnog), ran to the store to get some stuff for the party, and also made BBQ ribs for dinner. I did a dry rub and cooked them all day in a crockpot, and then added BBQ sauce and finished them on the grill, 15 minutes per side. They tasted really good! Becky made some homemade bread, and we had apple cider and roasted mixed vegetables as well.
With all the other stuff going on, I ran out of time to make a cake, so we went to Costco and I bought a large chocolate cake. It was good, but it also cost as much as the ribs! It was also way too big, and by the time we finished with dinner I don't think anyone had room for cake and ice cream -- but we shoveled it down anyway!
Presents were a bit sparse this year, but Alana did get a nice hand-carved storage box from her Oma filled with Hershey Hugs, and a handmade pink "A". Her grandma Sherry sent a nice card with a check. And I bought her a couple Lego games (Harry Potter Years 5-7 and Batman). Funny thing is that I couldn't find any local stores with the games in stock, and so I looked online and found that they were half off on a Steam sale. Except, how do you wrap a Steam game? So I found images for the two boxes and printed them up.
Needless to say, that kept me busy today so I missed many of my daily tasks. But, tomorrow is another day! Actually, tomorrow is Thanksgiving, so it's another day off I suppose, but I'm still going to get more of my tasks done!

Daily Check Up:
1) 15 minutes scripture study: No
2) Morning and evening prayers: Yes
3) 15 minutes good book: No
4) 15 minutes of parenting/relationships/children book: No
5) Exercise for 30 minutes or more: No
6) One doTERRA blog post: Yes
7) Use doTERRA oils for something: Yes
8) doTERRA Leadership and Mentor calls (Mon-Fri): Yes
9) Talk to two people about doTERRA: No
10) 15 minutes organizing office area: No
11) Solid 8 hours (M-F) working at my job: No
12) Early to bed, early to rise: No
13) One AnandTech pipeline or article: No
14) Successful birthday? YES!

No comments:

Post a Comment