Sunday, November 25, 2012

November 25, 2012

I'm not sure why Sundays always seem so stressful in the morning. We have 1PM church right now, so getting up, getting ready, and getting to church on time should be easy, right? Except, it never seems to work out. Becky let me sleep in (far more than I deserved -- thanks honey!), so that didn't really get me going in the right direction. Even so, the clock seemed to just catapult from 11AM to 12:30PM and as usual I barely made it to church in time to direct the opening hymn (okay, maybe with two minutes to spare).

Besides the rough start to the day, though, things went well for the most part. I finished reading the Book of Mormon tonight, and now I've set up a new challenge for myself: read it again before the end of the year! There are 36 days left in 2012, and the Book of Mormon is 531 pages, so that mean 15 pages per day will get the job done. That's totally doable, so I'm going to do it! Anyone else want to join me? I think it's always an awesome experience to read through the whole book quickly, as everything starts to flow together and you get a better feel for everything that happens, start to finish, that way.

We also read some of the Discipline chapter in the 5 Love Languages of Children tonight, which prompted some discussion for about 30 minutes -- which is sort of the point of reading books like this! One funny thing (well, to me maybe) is that Becky noted during our reading, "They make is sound as though everyone only has one child to worry about!" That's not entirely true -- there are areas where stories discussed parents with two children -- but most of the content definitely focuses on the singular homes. I admit that most of my thoughts with the book have been oriented towards Alana so far, but my wife kindly noted that we have two other boys that need love just as much. It can be a bit overwhelming at times when you're trying to juggle the responsibilities of so many people. But as the saying goes, nobody every said it would be easy!

Daily Check Up:
1) 15 minutes scripture study: Yes (Mormon 6-10)
2) Morning and evening prayers: Yes
3) 15 minutes good book: No
4) 15 minutes of parenting/relationships/children book: Yes (5 Love Languages of Children)
5) Exercise for 30 minutes or more: N/A (I did do a 1.5 mile walk to pick up a dish from someone with Becky, though)
6) One doTERRA blog post: N/A (Sunday)
7) Use doTERRA oils for something: Yes
8) doTERRA Leadership and Mentor calls (Mon-Fri): N/A
9) Talk to two people about doTERRA: Yes (Heather and Joe)
10) 15 minutes organizing office area: N/A
11) Solid 8 hours (M-F) working at my job: N/A
12) Early to bed, early to rise: No (Late to rise, on time to bed)
13) One AnandTech pipeline or article: N/A

No comments:

Post a Comment