Tuesday, November 20, 2012

November 20, 2012


Happy birthday, Cade! It's my brother's birthday today, and while he probably isn't reading any of these blogs, at least he deserves a shout out. Other news: apparently no one in my family is reading my blogs, or else they didn't notice the 13th line yesterday where I mentioned accepting the bank's offer on a house. To put it more bluntly: we're buying a home! Yay! This is the first home I'll actually be buying instead of renting; it's about time.

I'll have to take some pictures of the house and yard and such at some point. The short synopsis is that the place needs a bit of work, but nothing major -- repaint a couple rooms, maybe do something for a couple carpet stains, and the yard needs some TLC. There's also a creeping vine plant of some sort planted next to the front porch that has to come out -- it's already taking over and it can't be more than six years old (the age of the house).

With that out of the way, today was a pretty successful day. I did my readings, calls, and exercising. I posted a short article about a new LCD that seems at least nice if not exceptional (AOC i2367fh), I went for a 3.5 mile jog/run with Scott Latimer in the afternoon (31:22 was our time, so just under a nine minute mile pace), and I made some headway on the office. On the other hand, we're missing our mail keys. Five years of living in this place and if figures I might have lost the keys just a month before we move! We'll find them I'm sure -- it's just a matter of figuring out where Caleb/Corbin put them I think.

Daily Check Up:
1) 15 minutes scripture study: Yes (Ether 2-5)
2) Morning and evening prayers: Yes
3) 15 minutes good book: Yes (Slight Edge chapter 13 through the end)
4) 15 minutes of parenting/relationships/children book: No
5) Exercise for 30 minutes or more: Yes (jogging and pull-ups)
6) One doTERRA blog post: Yes
7) Use doTERRA oils for something: Yes
8) doTERRA Leadership and Mentor calls (Mon-Fri): Yes
9) Talk to two people about doTERRA: One person
10) 15 minutes organizing office area: Yes (Packed up one AVADirect laptop; other still running a few quick tests)
11) Solid 8 hours (M-F) working at my job: Yes
12) Early to bed, early to rise: Yes
13) One AnandTech pipeline or article: Yes

No comments:

Post a Comment