Friday, November 23, 2012

November 22, 2012: Happy Thanksgiving!

It's national Dad's a Turkey Day! Or something like that.... Anyway, we started the morning off with a Turkey Trot: around the block and then some. Alana was on her bike, I jogged, and Becky had the double stroller with the boys. Alana did crash while we were heading through LBA park (hit a pothole and lost control), but she managed to shake it off and finish the ride. Total distance for me: 4.85 miles, which is good because I have a feeling I more than ate those calories today!

When we got home, I did the honors of brining the turkey (started yesterday, actually), prepping it, tossing it in the oven, and setting the timer. Becky kept the kids busy (or tried to) and prepared the mashed potatoes. Then we packed up and headed over to the Conrad's for Thanksgiving. Lots of food, plenty of good company, and an enjoyable time for all who were there!
I fell asleep in a chair after dinner (much to my wife's dismay), but that's a Thanksgiving tradition as well, right? :-) With everything else going on, my daily tasks slipped again, but I'm okay with that: sometimes you need a small break, and big holidays are always crazy.

Daily Check Up:
1) 15 minutes scripture study: Yes (Ether 5-9)
2) Morning and evening prayers: Yes
3) 15 minutes good book: No
4) 15 minutes of parenting/relationships/children book: No
5) Exercise for 30 minutes or more: Yes (4.85 mile jog/walk)
6) One doTERRA blog post: No
7) Use doTERRA oils for something: Yes
8) doTERRA Leadership and Mentor calls (Mon-Fri): No
9) Talk to two people about doTERRA: No
10) 15 minutes organizing office area: No
11) Solid 8 hours (M-F) working at my job: No
12) Early to bed, early to rise: No
13) One AnandTech pipeline or article: No
14) Happy Thanksgiving? YES!

No comments:

Post a Comment