Thursday, November 29, 2012

November 29, 2012

Last week I had computer virus issues with my mom; this week, my brother-in-law's brother's daughter is having computer problems. I don't know if it's a virus or simply a file that got corrupted, but the laptop is seriously having issues. How bad is it? Well, I can't install most programs, including Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. But, I can use TeamViewer, which is enough access so that I can see something is really wrong. It doesn't appear to be a virus, but it's a corruption in Windows that apparently runs deep. Sadly, TeamViewer isn't the same as sitting in front of a PC and working on it, so I haven't been able to fully repair the laptop -- yet! I'm going to try an in-place upgrade of Windows 7 to see if that will do the trick, as soon as her Dell Win7 ISO finishes downloading.
With all the time spent working remotely on a laptop, unfortunately I missed working out/exercising today. I had good intentions, but before I knew it, the day was gone! Ugh. And I spent so much time trying to help a friend (relative) fix their laptop that I didn't finish all the work I had planned. It's always something I guess. :-\ But I did good on my reading, so here are my spiritual thoughts/quotes for the day.

But before I get these out, let me say that I had a hard time finding a really good quote from the 5 Love Languages of Children; I understand and agree with much of what is said in this chapter, but some parts of it I disagree -- e.g. the idea of "Godly anger"; I think when we use words like wrath and anger in regards to God, we are putting our own emotions into it. Justice, mercy, love, and forgiveness are the words I think of with God, and the "wrath" that leads to the destruction of people and nations I generally see as God protecting the unborn spirits from being sent to a world with no hope. Anyway, I digress....

2 Nephi 2:27: "Wherefore, men are free according to the flesh; and all things are given them which are expedient unto man. And they are free to choose liberty and eternal life, through the great Mediator of all men, or to choose captivity and death, according to the captivity and power of the devil." (The Book of Mormon, pp. 59)

The 5 Love Languages of Children: "It may surprise you that the primary lifetime threat to your child is his or her own anger. If your child does not handle his own anger well, it will damage or destroy him. The mishandling of anger is related to every present and future problem your child may have -- from poor grades to damaged relationships to possible suicide. It is imperative that you do all you can to safeguard your child now and in the future." (Pp. 160: Anger and Love)

The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People: "Proactive people make love a verb. Love is something you do: the sacrifices you make, the giving of self, like a mother bringing a newborn into the world. If you want to study love, study those who sacrifice for others, even for people who offend or do not love in return. If you are a parent, look at hte love you have for the children you sacrificed for. Love is a value that is actualized through loving actions. Proactive people subordinate feelings to values. Love, the feeling, can be recaptured." (Pp. 80: Be Proactive)

Daily Check Up:
1) Scripture study: Yes (15 pages per day through the end of the year: 1 Nephi 20 - 2 Nephi 2, pp. 46-60)
2) Morning and evening prayers: Yes
3) 15+ minutes good book: Yes (The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, chapter 3, pp. 76-96)
4) 15 minutes of parenting/relationships/children book: Yes (Chapter 10 of The 5 Love Languages of Children, pp. 159-174, Anger and Love)
5) Exercise for 30 minutes or more: No (40 push-ups before bed)
6) One doTERRA blog post: Yes (Two)
7) Use doTERRA oils for something: Yes
8) doTERRA Leadership and Mentor calls (Mon-Fri): Yes
9) Talk to two people about doTERRA: No
10) 15 minutes organizing office area: Yes
11) Solid 8 hours (M-F) working at my job: Computer virus fun!
12) Early to bed, early to rise: No (2AM to 7AM)
13) One AnandTech pipeline or article: No

No comments:

Post a Comment