Monday, December 10, 2012

December 10, 2012: Closer to Closing!

We're getting ever closer to closing on the new place now! Today we delivered what I think will be the final pieces of pre-closing paperwork to our realtor and the lending bank. The underwriting bank for the lending of course went through our statements for the past few months and wanted to know about any deposits of more than $450, so we had to jump through a few hoops to get them copies of deposited checks but otherwise things are going as planned.

By the sound of it, we should be all set to close on December 20 -- but no sooner, unfortunately; I was hoping we might have a chance to move a few more things over and get ready to celebrate Christmas. As it stands, our current house has no decorations up, since we're going to be leaving in ten days. That means our poor kids are not getting to experience the full spectacle of Christmas, but I suppose they'll just have to make do.

Corbin went over to play with Caralynn for a few hours, which gave us a bit of time to pack without him running interference. Of course, the only thing I really wanted to do while he was away was to catch up on sleep, but I resisted the urge and instead took care of the above paperwork and banking errands, followed by shoving a bunch of stuff into the garage. The rest of the day was spent working on testing laptops and editing articles, plus dinner, chasing Corbin around, etc. until finally I did some reading at the end of the day. I've been nodding off while reading so I just kept it to one book; tomorrow I'll see if I can find time for additional reading.

I read Alma up through chapter 7 tonight, which covers the five years of Alma the Younger as chief judge, a few wars, the king-makers (Nehor and Amlici), and his leaving the judgement seat to focus on the ministry. In his preaching of repentance, Alma asks a lot of penetrating questions, one of the best of which is my quote for the day; it was also the subject of Elder Cook's talk at the most recent General Conference -- that talk is definitely worth a read if you have a few minutes!

Alma 5: 26: "And now behold, I say unto you, my brethren, if ye have experienced a change of heart, and if ye have felt to sing the song of redeeming love, I would ask, can ye feel so now?" (The Book of Mormon, pp. 219)

The daily doTERRA Leadership call was also really good today, focusing on a positive attitude and referencing the book How Full Is Your Bucket? I discussed this on my doTERRA blog, but long story short I'm going to really try to be more positive and less critical this week -- shoot for that 5:1 ratio of positive to negative interactions!

Daily Check Up:
1) Scripture study: Yes (15 pages per day through the end of the year: Alma 2-7, pp. 211-226)
2) Morning and evening prayers: Yes
3) 15+ minutes good book: No
4) 15 minutes of parenting/relationships/children book: No
5) Exercise for 30 minutes or more: No
6) One doTERRA blog post: Yes (How Full Is Your Bucket?)
7) Use doTERRA oils for something: Yes
8) doTERRA Leadership and Mentor calls (Mon-Fri): Yes
9) Talk to two people about doTERRA: No
10) 15 minutes organizing office area: No (Time spent packing master bedroom)
11) Solid 8 hours (M-F) working at my job: Yes
12) Early to bed, early to rise: No (1:30AM to 8:30AM)
13) One AnandTech pipeline or article: No (Edited/Posted LG 21:9 LCD Review)

No comments:

Post a Comment