Wednesday, December 12, 2012

December 12, 2012: Back on Track

Today was a good day and I feel like I accomplished most of the things I set out to do. Oh, sure, I could have done more packing, but I did my work, read some good material, and didn't waste too much time. Everything is moving in the right direction, and I'm feeling optimistic about the next week or two. I've got a new potential doTERRA recruit along with actually signing someone up, and I'm confident they'll have a good experience with the products. We've got some interesting plans for tomorrow as well, including me running to the airport to pick up my upline mentor. It may be a bit stressful, but it will also be a good growth experience! I also did a new experiment -- see below for the link.

For the readings, which is what I'll focus on for the remainder, I read the end of the Alma, Amulek, and Ammonihah episode (hint: Ammonihah is wicked and gets their just reward), and then we get into the Sons of Mosiah, specifically Ammon. I love how awesome he is -- he's the type of leader people want to follow, the type of person I'd like to be. If Seven Habits of Highly Effective People existed in Nephite times, Ammon would have read it, internalized it, and he would have been a model of high efficiency! So that's what I'm going to focus on here, with a few quotes from Ammon to King Limhi:

Alma 17: 23: "Yea, I desire to dwell among this people for a time; yea, and perhaps until the day I die." 17: 25: "I will be thy servant." 18: 22: "Ammon being wise, yet harmless..." (The Book of Mormon, pp. 252, 255)

It's that last part that we so often fail at: being wise and harmless, or I prefer meek/humble. So often we're looking to hand people our prescription glasses, with the comment, "These work really well for me, I'm sure they'll work for you!" Or as another saying puts it: "People will never care how much you know until they know how much you care."

From the Seven Habits, most of what I read today was about being a good manager and learning to delegate -- not just in work, but in the family and other roles you might have. This summary of the importance of proper delegation (not "Gopher Delegation" but "Stewardship Delegation"): "Trust is the highest form of human motivation. It brings out the very best in people. But it takes time and patience, and it doesn't preclude the necessity to train and develop people so that their competency can rise to the level of that trust." (The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, Chapter 5: Put First Things First, pp. 178)

Daily Check Up:
1) Scripture study: Yes (15 pages per day through the end of the year: Alma 13-18, pp. 241-256)
2) Morning and evening prayers: Yes
3) 15+ minutes good book: Yes (The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, chapter 5, pp. 170-184, Appendix A and B, pp. 321-340)
4) 15 minutes of parenting/relationships/children book: Yes (Discussed Seven Habits story about delegation of caring for the yard with Becky)
5) Exercise for 30 minutes or more: No
6) One doTERRA blog post: Yes (doTERRA Slim and Sassy Body Wraps)
7) Use doTERRA oils for something: Yes
8) doTERRA Leadership and Mentor calls (Mon-Fri): Yes
9) Talk to two people about doTERRA: Yes (Audrey and Michelle)
10) Contact doTERRA front line: Yes
11) 15 minutes organizing office area: Yes (Packing other parts of house)
12) Solid 8 hours (M-F) working at my job: Yes
13) Early to bed, early to rise: No (2:00AM to 8:30AM)
14) One AnandTech pipeline or article: No

No comments:

Post a Comment