Monday, December 17, 2012

December 17, 2012: Week Five

Monday, the start of yet another week, which means I should be checking in on my weekly as well as daily tasks. I think I forgot to do that last week, so I'm going to get that out of the way this week and commit to doing better!

I got off to a bit of a sluggish start today, I have to admit -- the two boys are not sleeping that well, particularly Corbin, probably because of all the packing. I got up and let him watch Kipper the Dog for almost two hours while I tried to sleep a bit more on the couch. Caleb was wandering around downstairs as well while Becky tried to get more sleep upstairs; how he managed to stay out of trouble I don't know, but he survived my napping until I finally started the day at around 9:30AM.

After breakfast and checking the inbox, I discovered that I had an AMD call coming up at 11:30AM, and that they were going to let us discuss the contents of the press briefing immediately following the call. That kicked off a rather hectic three hours as I put together the content of a short article. You can read my summary if you're interested, but basically AMD is announcing the Radeon HD 8000M line earlier than expected. The lower performance parts are all using a new GPU design, while the higher end 8800M series will basically use the same core architecture as 7800M, only clocked lower on the GPU and higher on the RAM. The new GPU for the lower tier cards was actually a bit of a surprise, though, so that was nice.

Most of my other work today involved getting stuff packed up to ship off, including four laptops that should have all gone out a long time ago. Sorry AVADirect and Eurocom! Your hardware is in the mail, now, and it's all still in good condition. I also had to schedule a U-Haul van for moving on Saturday, and then try to make sure the closing date is still going to happen. I think Fannie Mae is like most government stuff: slow, ponderous, and totally inefficient; hopefully we can still close by Thursday!

Reading this evening comes from Alma, continuing his words to his son Helaman, and concluding with his lengthier sermon to the wayward Corianton. I think as parents, we should all learn to treat wayward children in this fashion, and it's good to know that Corianton actually turned his life around as well. I think I might have had more than a bit of Corianton in me earlier in my life, and it took a serious mistake (my first marriage) to get me back on the right track. That brings me to my quote for the day; if I had studied better as a youth, I think I would have made a lot of different choices. The good thing is that no matter where we are, we can still repent and correct our course.

Alma 37: 35, 37: "O, remember, my son, and learn wisdom in thy youth; yea, learn in thy youth to keep the commandments of God.... Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day." (Book of Mormon, pp. 303)

Daily Check Up:
1) Scripture study: Yes (15 pages/day through the end of the year: Alma 37-42, pp. 300-313)
2) Morning and evening prayers: Yes
3) 15+ minutes good book: Yes (Seven Habits of Highly Effective People)
4) 15 minutes of parenting/relationships/children book: No
5) Exercise for 30 minutes or more: No
6) One doTERRA blog post: Yes (Lotus vs. Spa Vapor Diffuser Review)
7) Use doTERRA oils for something: Yes
8) doTERRA Leadership and Mentor calls (Mon-Fri): Yes
9) Talk to two people about doTERRA: One (Becky: Megan)
10) Contact doTERRA front line: Yes
11) 15 minutes organizing office area: Yes (Yay -- laptops are shipped finally!)
12) Solid 8 hours (M-F) working at my job: Yes
13) Early to bed, early to rise: No (2:00AM to 9:30AM)
14) One AnandTech pipeline or article: Yes (AMD Announces Their First 8000M GPUs)

Weekly Check Up:
1) Family Home Evening: Yes (Alana read us My Gift to Jesus)
2) Attend church: Yes
3) Check weight on scale: Yes (Monday night: 208.8 lbs., 19.9% BEI)
4) doTERRA weekly call: Yes
5) doTERRA blog week-in-review post: Not yet
6) Talk with home teaching families: Yes, at church
7) Family Council: Sort of: plan for packing/moving
8) One hour house cleanup: Yes (packing and moving preparation)
9) At least one full review posted: Yes (Holiday 2012 Ultrabook and Ultraportable Guide)
10) Call mom and at least two other siblings: Yes (mom, Cade, Thane, Russ, and Derrik; I need to call my sisters this week!)

No comments:

Post a Comment